Godless Mom in the Bible Belt

Saturday, April 30, 2005

42

Today Scott, my father and I went to see Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy at our local multiplex theater. It was absurd and silly and I had a great time.

Humor is such an interesting thing. I have met very few people who didn't have any sense of humor at all, but I've met plenty of people who don't enjoy the same type of humor that I enjoy. I'm a big fan of Monty Python, I've loved their stuff since I was in high-school. However, I've met many people who just don't get it. I on the other hand almost never enjoy sit-coms on television, the humor somehow eludes me. Yet there are tons of people who will roll on the floor laughing at Seinfield or Everybody Loves Raymond.

The particular curse of my sense of humor is the whole sarcasm thing. Have you ever dropped a sarcastic comment around someone who doesn't understand irony? It kind of hangs there like an SBD fart while the sarcasm-challenged person stares at you like you've sprouted another head.

Scott is one of the funniest human beings I have ever met. I've known him since we were eleven, and he has ALWAYS made me laugh. Liz seems to be following in his footsteps, she has already developed a really great sense of the absurd and sarcasm is definitely a part of her comedic repertoire. The whole nature/nurture thing is a great debate and a fun one to ponder, I'm not sure if it is environment or DNA but I'm sure glad my little girl takes after her daddy in this respect. A sense of humor is vital to keeping your sanity in this life!
posted by GodlessMom, 4:29 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment