Godless Mom in the Bible Belt

Friday, December 30, 2005

Holiday movies!

Scott and I have been fortunate enough to have grandmas available to Liz watch for the last couple of days. This has offered us the opportunity to see a couple of movies!

Last night we saw Syriana. I'm going to have to give it a thumbs down. The story and characters were interesting and I understand what the film was trying to accomplish, however there was too much time spent examining side characters and not enough time spent developing the story lines and weaving the plot.

On the other hand, I will give a big two thumbs up to Brokeback Mountain. I walked out of the theater with a broken heart. Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal were amazing as a couple in love but forever separated by society and circumstance. I can't say enough good things about this film. The cinematography, the script, the soundtrack, the supporting cast were all spot on. If we don't see Oscars for this one it will be nothing short of crime.
posted by GodlessMom, 3:28 PM

3 Comments:

Blogger TLP said:

Everyone who has seen Brokeback Mountain says it's great. I want to see it.

We just saw The Squid and the Whale. I recommend it.
Posted at 6:11 PM  

Blogger dAAve said:

I was a little disappointed at Brokeback Mountain. I bought into all the pre-release media hype (both positive and negative) and expected more from the film. That was definitely my bad. The photography was great.
Posted at 7:54 PM  

Blogger Valerie said:

I haven't seen either of these movies but plan to see Brokeback Mountain this weekend.

Have you seen Capote? I saw it this week when Brokeback was sold out. It was wonderful.
Posted at 5:14 PM  

Add a comment