Godless Mom in the Bible Belt

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Family Fun

I had a wonderful weekend. I was fortunate enough to spend some time doing fun things with those I love the most. I thought I'd share some pictures with you!


Our first stop was the Houston Museum of Natural Science.

Here is Liz waiting for the Foucault Pendulum to knock over the next peg.





Santa vs. The Snowman was playing on the Imax screen. Outside the museum was this big blow-up snowman. Liz is poking him in the belly to see if he will giggle like the Pilsbury Doughboy. (Yes, it is December and yes I dressed my little girl in shorts. It was 82 degrees here on Saturday!)





Here are some of the butterflies in the Cockrell Butterfly Center.

















After the museum we went to Amy's Ice Cream. It is hands-down the best ice cream I have ever had. I had and Irish Coffee malt, REALLY yummy! They actually put Baileys in it!





Amy's is a rather funky place; lots of writing on the tables, cool indie music, eclectic employees and this fellow sitting on the counter.





Our family also spent the weekend making holiday ornaments. I bought a craft kit to make these pretty little things. They really sparkle.





I also used recipe from Lucy's Frugal Living to make these gingerbread-ish ornaments. They are made from spices, applesauce and white glue. They smell terrific! (Thanks Lucy.) I painted them to look like our family. That's me with the glasses, Liz with the long hair and Scott is the bald one with the beard.





I hope you all have a wonderful day.

I will be away from the computer for a couple of days, I'll be back on Friday.

posted by GodlessMom, 7:44 AM

11 Comments:

Blogger Watson Woodworth said:

I wish I could go outside with shorts on. But if I did, my blue legs might shatter if I bumped them into anything.
What are the winter holidays like in Texas?
Posted at 4:14 PM  

Blogger TLP said:

Beautiful post! Love the pictures.
Posted at 6:14 PM  

Blogger Lila said:

Great pictures! Liz is so cute!

82 degrees... wow.
Posted at 6:48 PM  

Blogger Meegan said:

Love the photos! I used to spend many a weekend at the Seattle Science Center as a child. So fun!
Posted at 7:01 PM  

Blogger dAAve said:

Great pix, GLM.

Not familiar with Amy's Ice Cream. Where is it? Sounds like it would be in Montrose, near me.
Posted at 7:05 PM  

Blogger GodlessMom said:

HP, You've got to go to Amy's!!! The address is 3816 Farnham. It is about two blocks north of 59 just off of Shepherd. It is really close to you! Some of their ice creams have alcohol in them though, so order carefully.
Posted at 7:53 PM  

Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said:

Sounds like a picture perfect day, and your daughter, Liz, is completely adorable!
Posted at 8:34 AM  

Blogger Saur♥Kraut said:

How wonderful! Looks like you live in an area very similar to ours. Our MOSI is almost identical to yours. And the ornaments look like SO much fun! I'll have to check out the link!
Posted at 8:55 AM  

Blogger GodlessMom said:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Posted at 10:02 AM  

Blogger Linda Jones Malonson said:

I enjoyed this so very much Godless Mom. I love butterflies ---and your daughter is as precious as she is beautiful.

Do you have any pictures of Brierpatches?
Posted at 4:30 PM  

Blogger Lucy Stern said:

Godlessmom, I love the way you decorated your ornaments. They are adorable. Your little girl is precious. I love going down to that area of town. Our weather has been really weird, as you said, 82 one day and 32 a few days later. I think we will probably have a colder than normal winter this year. Hope you and your family have a happy holiday season.
Posted at 2:48 AM  

Add a comment