Godless Mom in the Bible Belt

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Liz Van Gogh?

Liz has become a very prolific artist lately. She has discovered the thrill of creating and she has been producing drawing after drawing almost 24/7 for the last month. Some of them are more than adorable, some of them are a bit disturbing but all of them are precious to me.

Most of them are pictures of our family, the pets, insects and flowers. She has drawn a few "floorplans" and the blueprint for a lemonade making machine. She is so proud of each and every one of them.

But what does a mom do with all this art? My fridge is papered over, I bought frames and hung a gallery of her art in the hall. I've given some of her works to her grandparents and have encouraged her to use both sides of the paper. I tried channeling the creativity in another direction, Playdoh seemed like a good solution. No go. I got out the craft supplies and while she was interested in that for a while I started to get a rash on my wrist from all of the pipe-cleaner and button bracelets I was wearing.

My precious little girl and her priceless works of art. I think I'm going to need bigger scrap books.
posted by GodlessMom, 9:41 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger dAAve said:

ummmmmmm Playdoh!
Posted at 7:27 PM  

Add a comment