Godless Mom in the Bible Belt

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Because Cleanliness is next to Godlessness...oops, Godliness.

Okay, I'm a housewife so occasionally I have to wax rhapsodic about something that makes my job easier.

Today's topic? The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser!

Description:
This is a small, white, rectangular product with the feel of a dense sponge.

Purpose:
The eraser can be used to remove marks and stains that would otherwise taunt you with their invincibility.

Things it CAN do:
Remove crayon and marker smudges off almost any surface, clean the old red wine/coffee stains out of the tile grout, scrub the black marks that materialize on any white porcelain sink. Really, the uses are too numerous to list here.

Things it CAN'T do:
Remove the hard water deposits on the glass shower door or the hard water ring around the inside of the toilet bowl. Bummer, I have yet to find anything that really works on those problems.

Comments:
This is a truly remarkable product. I have used it to remove those smudges and marks that always appear and are nearly impossible to get rid of. I only have one problem with this product...Where does the dirt go? I'm convinced that somewhere in an alternate dimension there is another GodlessMom who is scrubbing away with a normal sponge when suddenly new smudges appear out of nowhere. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser has conquered the problem of smudge dimension travel! It's a little creepy.
posted by GodlessMom, 6:33 AM

11 Comments:

Blogger dddragon said:

I have a friend who swears by this product. I bought it, and my DH promptly lost it. Oh, well. He's the main cleaner in this house, anyway.
Posted at 7:40 AM  

Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said:

Based upon your excellent review, I am going to buy one next time I go shopping. Thanks so much. What I really need is someone who loves housework here!
Posted at 9:00 AM  

Blogger dAAve said:

try bleach on the shower door, let it soak for a while
Posted at 9:09 AM  

Blogger Meegan said:

Wow, what a rave review! The thing with these products is you never know how they will work until you try, and a lot of times they don't do what they promise. But now that I know this has the Godlessmom seal of approval, I will definitely try it!
Posted at 10:47 AM  

Blogger TLP said:

So, should I buy stock in this product?
Posted at 11:05 AM  

Blogger Urban Chick said:

godlessmom: you're scaring me now...in a recent post, you said you were not martha stewart (now i'm not sure i'm convinced...)

:)
Posted at 1:37 PM  

Blogger GodlessMom said:

Oh, believe me! I'm NOT Martha Stewart. Martha probably invented the damned thing!

The funny thing is my Mom actually gave me my first Magic Eraser for a Christmas gift last December. I opened the package and I was a little dubious but Mom convinced me to give it a try.

Thanks Mom!
Posted at 3:14 PM  

Blogger S said:

Hmmm. I didn't find that it worked well for me. Of course I'm new at the Domestic Goddess thing and I only tried it on our crudy highchair tray... wonder what's in it that makes it work??
Posted at 4:40 PM  

Blogger Zeppellina said:

I have never heard of this product...but your review was so good....I want one!
Particularly loved the bit about inter-dimensional travel!!
Posted at 8:00 PM  

Blogger Lila said:

Hi from Fort Worth, godlessmom! I'm waving to you from across the Gulf!
Posted at 3:18 PM  

Blogger A Little Bar of Soap said:

Cleanliness IS next to GODLINESS. What is next to godlessness? FILTH.
Posted at 6:06 PM  

Add a comment