Godless Mom in the Bible Belt

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Hobbits and Carmen Miranda

We have a fun day ahead of us.

The Houston Museum of Natural Science has the exhibit from the Lord of the Rings film trilogy today. They started showing at 12:01 last night, we have tickets for 9:00 am. Scott, Liz and I will be grabbing a bite for breakfast then heading down that way.

But even more fun than that? Tonight is the first time my little Liz will ever dance on stage! It is recital night! I'm going to be one of the backstage moms who help with costume changes and keep the little ones quiet while the big girls dance. Scott and the grandparents will be sitting in the audience, cameras in hand. The class will do two numbers, the first one is a ballet routine where they dress like little poodles. The second is a tap routine with little Carmen Miranda costumes. So cute!

I'm really excited about this, I'm sure it will be totally chaotic but it will be fun too! I'm a little worried about the timing. Liz normally goes to sleep every night around 7:30, the recital doesn't start until 7:00. I'm hoping I can get a nap out of her today but at this point napping is a difficult thing for her to do. We'll see!
posted by GodlessMom, 5:01 AM

6 Comments:

Blogger Meegan said:

Break a leg, Liz!

That's going to be absolutely adorable. Take tons of photos -- she'll get a real kick out of them someday!
Posted at 9:14 AM  

Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said:

Enjoy your Lizzy!

I remember the first time my son played violin on stage when he was 5 and when my daughter was in a pre-school play. These are moments you will never forget.
Posted at 10:05 AM  

Blogger TLP said:

Please take a photo that you can post. I'd love to see the dance.
Posted at 10:38 AM  

Blogger Lila said:

Cool! Have a great time at the recital! :-)
Posted at 1:37 PM  

Blogger dddragon said:

Ah, recitals -- Keep in mind next year to take a turn in the audience!

Have a great time!
Posted at 6:13 PM  

Blogger dAAve said:

Looking forward to a good pic or two.
Posted at 9:34 PM  

Add a comment