Godless Mom in the Bible Belt

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

And now for something completely different.

I was getting my RDA of Juan Cole this morning and it really made my heart ache.

I'm sure that most everyone has noticed that the news coming out of Iraq the last couple of weeks has been very grim. One thing that I find of particular note are the reports of Sunnis being targeted by Shiite bombers. Up until now it seems that most of the bombing has been done by Sunnis but I guess the Shiites are fed up and have begun to retaliate.

So my question is this, at what point does this leave the realm of insurgency and enter into the realm of full blown civil war? Do you think the retaliation bombings by Shiites will be isolated events or have things gone beyond the point of no-return?
posted by GodlessMom, 9:15 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger dAAve said:

I have anticipated a civil war since we got involved. It will get worse once we leave (assuming we do). This is common throughout history big when changes occur in a country.

To name just two:
ie: United States 1760-1790; 1860-1865
Posted at 8:13 PM  

Add a comment