Godless Mom in the Bible Belt

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Family Duty

My mom is having surgery on her shoulder today. She messed it up a few weeks ago while she was moving some furniture. I occassionally wonder if I should remind her that she is almost 80 years old but I wouldn't want to burst her bubble.

I'm going to take a break from blogging until Monday so I can take care of my dad and help my mom.

On a different note...I don't know about you guys but it makes me sick that people are being tortured in the name of my country. Check out this Washington Post article.

Have a great weekend!
posted by GodlessMom, 5:12 AM

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Hope your mother is ok. Give her my best. T.
Posted at 7:22 AM  

Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said:

All best wishes to you and your mom, and hope that she is healthy and back on her feet soon.

By the way, I really like your new photo next to your name.

Be well.
Posted at 8:33 AM  

Blogger Craig said:

best wishes of good health to your mum
Posted at 12:06 PM  

Blogger TLP said:

Sorry about your mom's health problem, but I vote against reminding her that she is almost 80. She knows that better than anyone. She got this far, right?
Posted at 2:20 PM  

Blogger Fred said:

Best of luck with your mom. Keep us posted and have a great weekend.
Posted at 5:05 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Posted at 6:51 PM  

Blogger Lila said:

Yes, good wishes to you and your mom!
Posted at 6:53 PM  

Blogger dAAve said:

I just returned from Jupiter. It seems like something is different.
Posted at 7:16 PM  

Blogger United We Lay said:

I have a lot of experience with helping people through rehabilitation because of my siser's illness. If tthere's anything you need help with, please feel free to ask.
Posted at 11:07 AM  

Blogger Zeppellina said:

Hope your mum is doing well, tell her we`re all asking for her, and want her to get well soon.
Posted at 11:15 AM  

Blogger Urban Chick said:

hope your mum recovers from her surgery well and quickly

UC x
Posted at 2:43 PM  

Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said:

Thinking about you and hope your mother is doing well.
Posted at 5:31 PM  

Blogger dddragon said:

Hope everything went well!!
Posted at 7:23 PM  

Add a comment