Godless Mom in the Bible Belt

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Imagine

Imagine there's no heaven,
It's easy if you try,
No hell below us,
Above us only sky,
Imagine all the people
living for today...

Imagine there's no countries,
It isnt hard to do,
Nothing to kill or die for,
No religion too,
Imagine all the people
living life in peace...

Imagine no possesions,
I wonder if you can,
No need for greed or hunger,
A brotherhood of man,
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say Im a dreamer,
but Im not the only one,
I hope some day you'll join us,
And the world will live as one


It would have been interesting to see where his life might have taken him had it not been cut short.
posted by GodlessMom, 10:21 AM

7 Comments:

Blogger TLP said:

You should check out AP3's blog today. http://www.aralecho.blogspot.com/
Posted at 3:45 PM  

Blogger Lila said:

Yeah, I always wonder what he would've been like during the Reagan years, the Bush Sr. years, the Clinton years, the W years... what would he say about the war in Iraq? Monica Lewinsky? MTV?

What beautiful lyrics and music would he have written?
Posted at 6:04 PM  

Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said:

Growing up with the Beatles, I keep trying to imagine what John would be like today.

We are lucky to have pieces of him through his wonderful music.
Posted at 8:32 AM  

Blogger Saur♥Kraut said:

Ah well, you've probably read MY thoughts on the matter yesterday. ;o)
Posted at 10:38 AM  

Blogger Linda Jones Malonson said:

I love this song .. songs are so universal.
Posted at 4:26 PM  

Blogger United We Lay said:

My students don't even know who John Lennon was. Given the information on Saur's blog, I think it's interesting that he was able to affect so many people. His being a Beatle has something to do with it, but I think his words touched base in such a difficult time. It just goes to show that words are extremely powerful.
Posted at 9:46 AM  

Blogger Lucy Stern said:

I read saurkuarts article and I don't have much to say about John Lennon. My husband is a big fan of the Beatles.
Posted at 2:39 AM  

Add a comment