Godless Mom in the Bible Belt

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Just a Grab Bag of my Thoughts

Liz started dance class again after her summer break. She was so excited!

My mom started swelling up last night, her hands, legs and feet look like stuffed sausages. I took her to the doctor this afternoon and he thinks the swelling is due to her heart. I'm a bit depressed about this news.

I've been having trouble with my little old dog Echo. She has been losing weight lately and has started looking really boney. I bought some puppy food and added it to her regular diet and she has started putting on some extra ounces. As a result she has more energy and seems to feel better. I have no idea why her metabolism has gone into hyperdrive, I'm going to have to do blood work on her.

Here is the best news of all!!!

My sister's lymphoma/leukemia is officially in remission! She will have to do maintenance chemo every six months but it won't be nearly as bad as the stuff she has already endured. Three cheers for Jane!


Today's joke has nothing to do with Penguins.

An atheist was taking a walk through the woods, admiring all that evolution had created.

"What majestic trees! What powerful rivers! What beautiful animals!", he said to himself. As he was walking along the river, he heard a rustling in the bushes behind him. When he turned to see what the cause was, he saw a 7-foot grizzly charging right towards him. He ran as fast as he could. He looked over his shoulder and saw that the bear was closing, He ran even faster, crying in fear. He looked over his shoulder again, and the bear was even closer. His heart was pounding and he tried to run even faster. He tripped and fell on the ground. He rolled over to pick himself up, but saw the bear right on top of him, reaching for him with his left paw and raising his right paw to strike him.

At that moment, the Atheist cried out "Oh my God!...." Time stopped. The bear froze. The forest was silent. Even the river stopped moving.

As a bright light shone upon the man, a voice came out of the sky, "You deny my existence for all of these years; teach others I don''t exist; and even credit creation to a cosmic accident. Do you expect me to help you out of this predicament? Am I to count you as a believer?"

The atheist looked directly into the light "It would be hypocritical of me to suddenly ask You to treat me as Christian now, but perhaps could you make the bear a Christian?" "Very well," said the voice.

The light went out. The river ran again. And the sounds of the forest resumed.

And then the bear dropped his right paw ..... Brought both paws together...Bowed his head and spoke: "Lord, for this food which I am about to receive, I am truly thankful."
posted by GodlessMom, 6:06 AM

10 Comments:

Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said:

Wishing your mother a fast and speedy recovery.

The news about your sister is indeed wonderful, and I wish her continued good health.
Posted at 9:22 AM  

Blogger S said:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Posted at 11:36 AM  

Blogger S said:

Hope your mom is on the mend soon. Wonderful news about your sister!!
Posted at 11:39 AM  

Blogger United We Lay said:

Great joke!
Posted at 3:13 PM  

Blogger Watson Woodworth said:

Ever heard the one about the panda that went to a restaurant?
Posted at 4:04 PM  

Blogger Urban Chick said:

i loved the joke!

hope all is ok with your mom and great news about your sister

UC
x
Posted at 4:35 PM  

Blogger GodlessMom said:

I want to hear about the Panda at the restaurant!
Posted at 7:56 PM  

Blogger Lila said:

That is great news about your sister. I hope your mom and doggie are doing well soon, too.
Posted at 9:07 PM  

Blogger The Lazy Iguana said:

I got a joke, but it is short and only kind of funny.

A priest and a rabbi go into a bar. Then the priest says to the rabbi "did you hear the one about us?"
Posted at 10:09 PM  

Blogger Zeppellina said:

Stunning joke...quite stunning!

Hope your mum is doing well.
Posted at 9:11 AM  

Add a comment