Godless Mom in the Bible Belt

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Furby Frenzy

I spent the day looking for a Furby.





There were no Furbies to be found within a 15 mile radius of my home.





I think these little things are kind of creepy looking. Apparently they mimic emotional responses to various phrases. They also talk, apparently in several different languages depending on country of origin. I found this weird site dedicated to hacking furbies, some people have too much time on their hands.





They kind of remind me of Gremlins. Remember Gizmo?





Maybe they're related.

Tomorrow my quest continues. Sigh.
posted by GodlessMom, 7:32 PM

8 Comments:

Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said:

THanks for the memories!

I remember when I had to join Sam's Club, just to find a Furby for my daughter many years ago.
Posted at 12:40 PM  

Blogger dAAve said:

You can't get one online? Or at Walmart?
Posted at 2:37 PM  

Blogger GodlessMom said:

Barbara, you joined Sam's Club just to get a Furby? Now THAT is motherly dedication!

HP, my biggest problem is that I need the Furby by tomorrow. It is a Sub for Santa gift and they need the gifts by no later than 10am tomorrow morning. I suppose I could get one at WalMart but I try REALLY hard to never go in that store (but that is a subject for another post altogether.)

Ya, Swifty it is a stuffed, robotic critter. Sorry, my server was down most the day and my images didn't come across.

TLP, you've pegged it...They are vile!
Posted at 5:05 PM  

Blogger concerned citizen said:

'Hacking furbys', is that like a furball thing? Sounds like my cat. Ha Ha! RIGHT, vile creatures.

|:-[> (do u know who this is?)

It's Jesus--->MERRY CHRISTMAS
Posted at 9:49 PM  

Blogger Lila said:

Yeah, they remind me of the Gremlins too. We're dating ourselves a little.
Posted at 11:49 PM  

Blogger dAAve said:

AP3 --- i tried to date myself once, but I got stood up, damnit!
Posted at 4:46 PM  

Blogger Dave Bullock / eecue said:

I have begun the process of hacking the New Furby.
Posted at 11:23 PM  

Blogger GodlessMom said:

Hey Everyone! Go check out eecue's site. It is extremely impressive and the photos are a little disturbing in a furby love sort of way!
Posted at 5:22 PM  

Add a comment