Godless Mom in the Bible Belt

Friday, October 14, 2005

Raindrops on Roses and Whiskers on Kittens

Some of my favorite things.

Puppy breath
My daughter's hair
Fresh coffee in the morning
Watching caterpillars eat leaves
The smell of line dried sheets
Geckos
The constellation Orion
A cat in my lap
My daughter's smile
Painting walls
Gingerbread trim on Victorian houses
My husband's wrists
Turtles and Tortoises
A good book on a rainy day
Wild columbine
Koi ponds
My husband's eyes
My daughter's eyes (they are just like her daddy's)
Ben and Jerry's Phish Food
My piano
My mom's biscuits and gravy
The smile lines around my eyes

My puppies in Arkansas aren't doing so well. One pup in the litter has died and the little girl I was going to adopt is pretty sick. I may have to look elsewhere for my therapy dogs.

I'll be back on Monday. I hope everyone has a great weekend.
posted by GodlessMom, 6:11 PM

9 Comments:

Blogger Saur♥Kraut said:

Oh I do NOT like the smile lines around my eyes. But I am resigned to them.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Posted at 7:46 AM  

Blogger Lucy Stern said:

Sorry to hear about the pups. When my husband and I were first married we got a kittie from the Humane Society. It was sick and died within a week. We were so depressed. My husband had a friend whos cat was going to have kittens so we waited until the appropriate time and got two kittens. They were brother and sister and they were wonderful.
Posted at 1:05 PM  

Blogger dAAve said:

Sorry to hear that. Just wasn't meant to be, I guess. Not with that litter. Can't you find the same type pups around the Houston area?
Posted at 2:57 PM  

Blogger Linda Jones Malonson said:

Impressive list. So sorry to hear about the pups. I love the smell of line dried sheets, and still today I ironed my sheets!
Posted at 3:01 PM  

Blogger Lila said:

Beautiful list. I prefer kitten breath.

So sorry about the puppies in Arkansas.
Posted at 4:38 PM  

Blogger dddragon said:

Last night's football game was out in the sticks and the smell of cows was strong. Horses smell WAY better.
Posted at 12:21 PM  

Blogger Meegan said:

Nice list. And I'm really sorry to hear about the puppies.
Posted at 4:45 PM  

Blogger TLP said:

I enjoyed your list.

I'm sorry about your little puppies. That's sad.
Posted at 5:17 PM  

Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said:

I am so sorry to hear about your puppies in Ark.

Your words are beautiful, and I hope that they can bring a molecule of comfort to you and your daugther.

Be well.
Posted at 1:25 PM  

Add a comment