Godless Mom in the Bible Belt

Monday, October 03, 2005

Bush, Serenity and Puppies!

Well, we saw Serenity on Friday. I really, really enjoyed it! It was exciting and funny and everything I had hoped it would be. I had to drag Scott along, but he actually enjoyed it as much as I did. In fact he even said he wouldn't mind seeing it again and he almost NEVER wants to see a movie more than once.

I may be getting a new puppy soon. I've put in an application to adopt one or two sheltie pups that are currently in a rescue shelter. I've wanted to get a pup to train for therapy work and agility competition for a long time now. Since Liz is in school now I have the time to devote to a new little canine (or two.) I'm also really interested in training for search and rescue work but I don't think I'm quite ready for that kind of time commitment yet.

I'm hoping I hear from the shelter this week!

Okay, now here is the Bush part, if you don't feel like reading political bile you may want to stop right here. I love reading Juan Cole. If you're not familiar with his blog, he is a professor at the University of Michigan, he is very knowledgable about the Middle East and writes a daily post about what is going on in Iraq and the US policies that effect that region. He leans left so there are a lot of people out there who don't like him but he calls it as he sees it and frankly his analysis of the situation has always been dead-on. This morning he posted about about where the buck stops regarding the leak of the name of CIA agent Valerie Plame. It is easy reading and not too long. If you have the time I highly recommend reading the whole post.

Basically, the implication is that we are foolish if we believe that the entire leak took place as something between Rove and Libby. Rove, the right hand of Bush and Libby, the right hand of Cheney must have had approval of their bosses to do something as severe as outing an agent. Now, I'd be really surpised if Cheney didn't know about this, but Bush? I'm not so sure. It depends on how stupid he really is and that is always an issue which is up for debate. If he didn't know, he should have.

I'd be interested in your thoughts.
posted by GodlessMom, 6:35 AM

7 Comments:

Blogger dAAve said:

good luck with the puppy

thanks for the warning about the bush rant - i bypassed it LOL
Posted at 8:08 AM  

Blogger Meegan said:

How exciting about the pup/pups!! Keep us posted. I'll go check out this Bush story now...
Posted at 9:02 AM  

Blogger A Little Bar of Soap said:

God bless America, and God bless George W. Bush! Devil, get thee OUT!
Posted at 10:05 AM  

Blogger Blueberry said:

Oh what a combo, Bush, Serenity and Puppies! I'd like to turn young River Tam loose on BushCo, and use what's left for wee-wee pads!

We enjoyed Serenity (and were already hooked on it). Our Firefly DVD box set arrives this week!

Have fun with the puppies!
Posted at 2:11 PM  

Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said:

Well, to tell you the truth, I am much more interested in your new puppy and the movie Serenity you saw with your family!!! Bush takes a back seat for a welcome change.

Honestly, good luck with the puppy. Daughter and I saw Flightplan on Thursday..We were deciding between that movie and Serenity.

Have a good week!
Posted at 3:17 PM  

Blogger Watson Woodworth said:

I kind of think that W. is a deliberate and choreographed slap in the face of smart people. I see him as more of a mass persona than an actual individual person.
Like a focal point of hatred of fact-based people.
Am I right Soapy?
Posted at 4:28 PM  

Blogger Fred said:

I agree with you on the Cheney connection. Bush may be dumb, but I think the guy is an honest soul.

Puppies. Oooo boy - they're so much fun. I hope it works out!
Posted at 5:02 PM  

Add a comment