Godless Mom in the Bible Belt

Monday, October 24, 2005

Puppy time!

Hey all! I'd like to introduce you to our new puppy, Savannah. We're calling her Savvy for short. She is an eight week old tri color Sheltie. We found her in La Grange, TX (yes, the same La Grange that ZZ Top sings about.)





Unfortunately the puppies in Arkansas both died from Parvo and I was forced to look elsewhere. Lucky for me I found this little girl a lot closer to home. (La Grange is about 95 miles from Houston.)

Scott and I usually put a ton of thought into the names we give our pets, it is something we mull over and talk about until we are certain we have found the right one. However, this time there was a four year old in the mix and she was determined that the pup be called Savannah. I have no idea why. The name is too long to be effective for training purposes, hence the nickname Savvy.

Okay, now on to political stuff. Boy there is a ton to talk about, isn't there?

I don't know about you but I've actually got butterflies in my tummy while I wait for the possible Rove/Libby (and Cheney?) indictments. I suppose we will know by Friday.

Did you hear about Brent Scowcroft? Apparently he will be publishing an article in the New Yorker today regarding the Bush administration's policies. I don't think he will be saying nice things. Rumor also has it that Bush 41 has a few things to say about his son's presidency.

It looks like Miers is going to go down in flames.

This ought to be an interesting week.
posted by GodlessMom, 10:31 AM

15 Comments:

Blogger Saur♥Kraut said:

Oh congratulations! Give the puppy a big kiss and cuddle from me. I adore my two babies! What a wonderful addition. Incidentally, I spent a lot of time this weekend ordering them fancy goodies on Ebay. They're a tad bit spoiled, but so cute!
Posted at 2:05 PM  

Blogger Fred said:

Nice looking puppy!

Yeah, and Miers? I'm a moderate righty, and I want her out! Unfortunately, I think Bush is too stubborn to withdraw her nomination. I will tape those hearings; they'll be fascinating.
Posted at 2:33 PM  

Blogger Watson Woodworth said:

Lovely puppy!
And as for Miers, I'm glad to see that Senate Democrats might know how to do something other than roll over.
Posted at 3:37 PM  

Blogger Lila said:

What an ADORABLE puppy!
Posted at 7:28 PM  

Blogger dAAve said:

Goodto see you back and I hope you had a nice weekend. Judging byt eh very cute puppy, I guess you did. LOL
All the political stuff makes for intersting years, not just weeks. I've been following stuff since I was a kid and JFK and LBJ. The names and faces change, the subjects may change, but it's always interesting.
Don't let the butterflies overtake you. Things wil happen just the way they are supposed to happen. Not always to our liking, however.
Posted at 7:38 PM  

Blogger Saur♥Kraut said:

P.S. ditto what Fred says about Meiers.
Posted at 8:04 AM  

Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said:

Congratulations! She is a doll.

There is often a silver lining at the end of all rainbows. Sometimes it just takes time to see them.

May she be healthy and give you and your family much joy.
Posted at 9:29 AM  

Blogger Lucy Stern said:

Oh, your new puppy is sooo cute. I think the name is perfect for her. My kids have named many of our pets.

I don't like Miers either. Bush made a big boo boo in naming his personal lawyer. As far as I'm concerned, she is not qualified.
Posted at 6:00 PM  

Blogger Meegan said:

I can't even focus on the political stuff you mentioned because I'm still squealing over little Savvy!! She's SO cute!!!
Posted at 6:33 PM  

Blogger pack of 2 said:

Savannah is sooo cute! OMG I can't even imagine how happy you must be!!

I agree that it wwill be an interesting week! Nothing going GW's way lately.

I hope people are paying attention!

Shelly
Posted at 2:44 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

The question is: Which will be more squirmy this week by Sunday night...the Bush admin or the pup? Will be fun the watch...

e
Posted at 5:24 PM  

Blogger Lila said:

Hi Godlessmom,
Just wanted to say... sorry about the Astros. But hey, you MADE it to the World Series, which is huge! What a great season you had!
Posted at 9:19 AM  

Blogger Linda Jones Malonson said:

Oh she's beautiful and just begging to be hugged. My mother name was Savannah, that's a good name!

Well this is going to be a week to remember for sure ... I am glued to the news these days, and I don't think that's good for me. But I still can't move away from it, why it's the best show in town.
Posted at 12:16 PM  

Blogger EarthCitizen #23 said:

Savvy, that is too nice, funny Amias had just told me the other day that her mothers' name was Savannah!! Sorry to hear about the Arkansas parvo pups :(
And it should be a very interesting weekend with Politics,,, Karma Karma Karma,,, what goes around, comes around as they say,,, but can you believe all of the Republican crying... boo hoo.
Posted at 7:42 PM  

Blogger Zeppellina said:

So Good to see you back, Godlessmom!
And with good news too!

What a beautiful little dog!

She is a beauty! Such a kind and intelligent little face!
She will be a great friend and companion for all of the family!
Posted at 10:40 AM  

Add a comment