Godless Mom in the Bible Belt

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Get Out and Vote!

Fellow Texans,

Today we have the opportunity to go to the polls and save Texas from the vile clutches of them homoseckshulls. The Powers that Be here in Texas (under the divine guidance of the Lord) have put forth Proposition 2.

Prop 2 will ensure that them gays will never drive our society into ruin by getting married. It will also make certain that they are not encouraged in their sinful ways by the promise of a "Civil Union" and that they will never get any domestic partner benefits.

We must stop the homoseckshull agenda in it's tracks. If we do not amend our state constitution who knows what these people will do? I've heard rumors that they will actually infiltrate society, they will want to work with us, eat in the same restaurants, shop at the same stores and even teach in our schools.

It is our duty to protect our lives, our children and the sanctity of marriage from these people. You know how to vote!

Sincerely,
Mrs. Persnickity Tightwidget


Seriously folks, Prop 2 is nothing more than government sanctioned bigotry. Why do these people feel the need to take away a privilege that the gay community here in Texas has never had in the first place?
posted by GodlessMom, 4:37 AM

9 Comments:

Blogger dAAve said:

Thanks GM.
I'm still trying to figure out what Mr Bush and all the other far-right wingers are attempting to protect. If one's marriage (str8, of course) is so unstable that it may be threatened by 2 gay people (God's creatures too), maybe one should look in their own mirror before throwing pink stones at glass houses.
Posted at 8:08 AM  

Blogger Kristie said:

Thank you very much for stopping by my blog, and for checking out Fallenmonk's piece about the cuts coming to the budget.

I appreciate your comments and support. I come by and check your page on a regular basis!

As to the topic at hand...I recently did a research paper for a scociology class...I will have to get the disk out and post some of the findings. :)

I find it hard to swallow that gays are going to ruin marriage. I think we as straights have done a fine job of ruining it so far...up to now, Straights are the only one's allowed to marry- and the divorce rate is 50%. But thats the gays fault right? mmkay.

As soon as i get my cd-drive working, i will give you LOTs more...
Posted at 8:17 AM  

Blogger Valerie said:

Amen.

Ridiculousness is all Prop. 2 is. I proudly voted against it (I wish I could put exclamation points after my no!!!!!) during early voting.
Posted at 11:17 AM  

Blogger Watson Woodworth said:

I'm straight and I'm afraid to ever go to Texas.
Don't they have bow and firearm Liberal Yankee hunting seasons down there?
Posted at 2:49 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

This is bad...but I don't know if I'd expect anything less totalitarian in Texas.
Posted at 5:14 PM  

Blogger The Lazy Iguana said:

If I were a law maker in Texas (HIGHLY unlikely this will ever happen) I would have totally screwed with this issue.

I would have attempted to add an amendment to this proposition requiring a statewide gun registration process, and making all CCW permits instantly invalid.

That would have been good for a few chuckles.
Posted at 5:29 PM  

Blogger TLP said:

Obviously I'm in agreement with you on this. It's too silly for words. But I imagine that the law will pass.
Posted at 9:19 PM  

Blogger Blueberry said:

At least Austin was 60% against this step toward the New Dark Ages. Of course, it didn't help much, did it? Someday people are going to look back on these silly laws and say "What were they thinking?" and laugh.
Posted at 6:44 AM  

Blogger Zeppellina said:

It`s just so sad, isn`t it.

As you say, this is state bigotry.

It`s just quite awful.
Posted at 5:50 PM  

Add a comment