Godless Mom in the Bible Belt

Friday, November 11, 2005

Walnut Grove in Houston

I've spent the better part of the week sewing a pioneer costume for Liz. Her school is doing a play titled How the West was REALLY Won and she is supposed to dress like Laura Ingalls. Have you ever tried to make a bonnet? It sucks...Really difficult for someone of my limited sewing abilities.

The play is Tuesday so I thought I would have the weekend to finish this project. Silly me, they announced yesterday that they want all the costumes for the play ready and hanging in the wardrobe room by this afternoon. I know what I'm doing today. Blah!

Have a great weekend! I'll be back Monday.
posted by GodlessMom, 9:12 AM

10 Comments:

Blogger Meegan said:

How cute! I'm impressed that you can sew. I wish I could.
Posted at 1:50 PM  

Blogger dAAve said:

Goodfor you.
My Mom made my high school tuxedo from scratch.
What the hell made me think of that?
Posted at 6:38 PM  

Blogger Pseudo-intellectual lunatic said:

i like ur new blog look
Posted at 8:45 PM  

Blogger Fred said:

Hope the sewing went well. Have a great weekend.
Posted at 9:53 PM  

Blogger Kristie said:

Good job with the sewing...I am not that good at sewing. Not that good at all really. My mom is awesome and used to make us costumes for halloween, or school plays, and we were never giving her enough time to really do it...it'd be like monday and we'd need it by thursday, and it was always, "Kristieeeeeee, you're not supposed to wait til the last minute, arghhh"....Did you take any pictures of your creation?
Posted at 8:33 AM  

Blogger Lila said:

Good luck with the bonnet!
Posted at 10:22 AM  

Blogger TLP said:

Daughter dddragon made colonial costumes for her family for an art's festival several years ago. She had no pattern to use. They took first prize!

You ARE going to post pictures, right? I really want to see them.
Posted at 10:48 AM  

Blogger Zeppellina said:

I forgot to say, godlessmom, I love the new look blog...really good!

I admire you doing all that sewing...
and I`ll bet it will all look great!

Hope you have a nice weekend afterall that sewing!
Posted at 7:22 PM  

Blogger TLP said:

Okay. Where are the pix of the dress rehersal for the play?
Posted at 9:14 AM  

Blogger Saur♥Kraut said:

My grandmother used to sew costumes for us. She was an excellent seamstress. When I was very young, I resented the homemade clothes and wished we were rich enough for store-bought. Now I miss my grandmother and realize the love and effort she put into her stitching.
Posted at 4:07 PM  

Add a comment